Boer’s use of recognizable, fresh, local ingredients and a balanced use of animal proteins and carefully selected local suppliers emphasize KLM’s sustainability goals. The new menu will also include several vegetarian options.
A different menu is served every quarter. Until July 2022, WBC passengers can expect the following dishes:
- Tartelette filled with creamy apple-potato salad and green asparagus
- Tasting of appetizers; grilled zucchini in tahini cream, chickpea salad, garlic feta and nut salad
Choice of main courses
- Selection of local delicacies: a traditional vegetarian stew with roasted peppers, braised onion and tomato compote and potato mash
- Baked salmon with broccolini, roasted tomatoes and couscous
- Chicken thigh in a star anise gravy served with stewed green cabbage and mashed potatoes
Jonnie Boer’s dishes are accompanied by a range of exquisite wines, including Masi Tupungato – Passo Doble – 2019- Mendoz, Argentina and Domaine de Grangeneuve L’Initiale H – 2020 – Rhône – France.
In the second half of 2022, KLM will also start introducing new tableware in its World Business Class, redesigned by Marcel Wanders. The porcelain is made of bone china and the tray of lightweight, robust and recyclable polypropylene.